My friend Tiffany encouraged me to buy my first bodysuit when I was on vacation in London. As you may or may not know, I’m 5’9″, so it’s always a struggle to find clothes that fit me well. That said, I was a bit nervous about the size lengthwise. Anyways, I walked into a Brandy Melville and found one that I really, really liked. I knew that if I didn’t try it on and buy it now, it would be forever until I made the effort to seek out another one. Not to mention, it was pretty affordable and decent quality as well. So, I made a gametime decision, and bought it right then and there. While I’m not one to be a super impulsive buyer, I’ve got to say it was 100% worth it.
THE PERKS OF WEARING A BODYSUIT
Like I said before, I was a bit weary about wearing bodysuits, but I can officially proclaim that I am a huge fan of them now. What, you may ask, has swayed my reservation to confirmation? Here’s a list of a few things:
- They’re extremely form fitting, flattering, and very empowering. I love how this piece makes me feel, and how it creates such a sleek silhouette.
- You don’t have to tuck it in like a shirt when wearing it with high-waisted attire. It can be super frustrating when you have an awkward roll/bulging fabric in your jeans or skirt and then you have to try and flatten out the fabric. With bodysuits, you no longer have that problem! For me, avoiding this issue is a win-win outfit victory and one less thing to stress about when creating a new look.
- They’re relatively affordable, for real. Here are some places I would recommend searching for some great ‘suits with nice quality as well: ASOS, Revolve, Missguided, and New Look.
- Bodysuits can simplify your life in a lot of ways. For instance, it takes just as much time to put on a less flattering outfit as it does a flattering one, so you might as well pack a bodysuit in your ready-to-wear arsenal and not even have to think twice about it.
- Lastly, bodysuits are extremely versatile. You can create a look for more appropriate for a work setting, like this turtleneck bodysuit. On the other hand, you could channel your inner Madonna sporting something like this for a night out on the town.
TIPS FOR PURCHASING A BODYSUIT
- Find the bodysuits with the buttons or velcro on the bottom. If it’s just cloth it’s going to be a bit more uncomfortable and not as functional when you have to go to the bathroom.
- Check the quality before buying them. If the fabric isn’t a great quality, it may not look like how you see it in the pictures online.
- Pair it with high-waisted bottoms to accentuate the waist.
To style one of these show-stopping pieces, consider seeking out some colorful denim high-waisted bottoms or an A-line midi skirt. Either way, no matter how you create your ensemble, I promise it will really suit you.